Saturday 2 July 2016

back on track building the CH250 Spacy/Elite

You could pretty say this is a sad excuse for a blog. The latest entry was about six months ago! I've been busy moving from the old workshop to the new one, making ends meet to finance that whole enterprise and other distracting business. 
But I decided no more and set myself a dead line. I entered a bike build-off contest which takes place on September 24-25, so now I have a date to work towards to.

I was lucky to get myself a donor bike, a CN250 clone with only 1600 kms on the speedo, that has a good running engine.Also  parts like the radiator and hoses have a better fit then the Spacy/Elite parts.
I lengthened the fork stem of the RS125 front fork and was able to refit the original bearings with only a 25 to 30mm shim on the bottom.
The rear wheel still aligned on the CN250 engine, but the rear shock mounts have to be widened a bit at the frame.
I have to build some struts to strengthen the engine mount to the top of the frame..




3 comments:

  1. Hey mate, I've been a long time follower of your builds. Did you ever finish this build or are you still coming along with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Travv Foxx, my apologies for this sad excuse of a blog. Yes, still working on the Space/Elite. It is running now and I'm working on the esthetics. Still have to make the headlight and speedo housing and the front leg skirts. I'm planning to build this all in raw aluminium. I do post on Instagram as RidingElite about my Space/Elite and Honda Helix motorscooters. Hope to see you there! Regards, Harry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harry. It's all good mate. Not always enough time to keep things updated. Glad to hear your still riding, tinkering, and modifying Spacy's, Elite's, and helix scoots :) Awesome to hear that it's up and running, with hopefully not to much more to go, tho still could be some hard yards ahead but the end results should be worth it with the raw aluminium. I'm not into all the instagram/facebook/twitter etc etc things but I will be just to keep seeing how your builds move along.

    Did you ever manage to move the rear brake light up to in between the turn lights on the spacy?? Cheers Travis

    ReplyDelete